FIRE DOOR INSPECTIONS
"Thank you. I am new to the world of fire doors and it has been a good learning process for me, so thankyou for your patience with my various questions. I’m sure that now I have a better understanding of how this all works, I’ll be much better equipped to know what I’m looking at and how to proceed post inspection with any future reports we get you to do"
Why should I choose Fire Doors Complete?
Here at Fire Doors Complete we work to the highest possible standards and here are five good reasons to choose us:
1) We possess third party certification to the UKAS accredited Blue Sky Certification fire door inspection scheme. Our inspectors are audited regularly as part of our in-house quality management system and our performance is audited every six months by Blue Sky.
2) Our fire door inspectors all have more than just one fire door inspection qualification and possess a wealth of knowledge and experience. Importantly, they receive in house training in addition to and over and above their formal qualifications.
3) We understand that fire door inspection is not about condemning your doors as not fit for purpose. To do so would not be helpful. We are helpful, so where any fire door or escape door fails to meet compliance standards our report will be jargon-free and clear about why this is so and what should be done to improve fire performance and attain compliance.
4) We will help and encourage you to understand how to recognise which doors are most critical to life safety so that you can match your resources to your particular fire safety needs.
5) We operate at the top end of the fire door inspection sector and much of our work is about verification of new fire doors to make sure they meet the relevant specification to be suitable for the end use. So we can provide the complete service from new doors to old ones, including heritage doors!
Fire Doors are potentially life saving fire protection devices therefore our inspection reports must be comprehensive, detailed and reliable.
Our clients include housing associations, healthcare providers, education providers, construction companies, factories, warehouses, offices, leisure facilities and private landlords. They place their trust in us and we work hard to ensure that trust is well placed.
Be aware that some fire door inspection providers will share all of the fire door inspection data for your buildings with the certification scheme to which they belong, indeed it can be a condition of the certification that they hold.
We promise not to share your data without your permission. So where you wish to keep your data confidential we can provide fire door inspection services without your data being shared with any other organisation. Just tell us about your own requirements and we will work with you.
Call 07970 201231 or leave a message at our contact page and we will be happy to provide more information about how we can help.
If you are a building operator or owner you probably already know that the law says your Fire Doors need to be fit for purpose.
You don't need to look far to find evidence of local Fire & Rescue services prosecuting hotels, landlords and businesses for Fire Safety Order breaches. The law that applies is the 'Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and compliance is mandatory.
Straight forward help and advice is at hand, our certificated fire door inspectors can provide reports to show whether your doors are compliant and where necessary recommend remedial works in order to make them compliant. Fire door inspectors should work to the highest standards and not look to gain from any remedial works, their report must be accurate fair and independent. Our satisfied clients include housing associations, care homes, schools, hospitals, factories, warehouses as well as private landlords and flat owners.
A good fire door inspector will save you money in the long-run because they will make money-saving recommendations to help prolong the service life of your doors. Importantly the report will also help you carry out any necessary improvements to make your fire doors compliant and therefore improve fire safety at your building.
Our experience can help you find the most cost effective way to make sure your fire doors remain fit for purpose. You should never feel pressured in to engaging the services of a fire door inspector or maintenance company that wants to do more work than you are comfortable with.
The facts are that the fire doors at most buildings in the UK suffer from defects that render them less effective than they should be. Sometimes the faults can be easily resolved but other times more work is required.
The best place to start is with a fire door inspection and report so that you know what needs to be done to comply with the law and to make your building safer. A good fire door inspector will help you, by consulting with you and your building's fire strategy, to identify which fire doors are most critical to fire safety for your building. That's the place to start and those are the fire doors to work on first to make sure they are suitable to hold back fire and smoke for the necessary period of time.
Depending on the type of building you manage, evacuation might be straight forward or there may be a staged evacuation or stay-put strategy in place. This will have a bearing on which fire doors are most critical to fire safety.
Once you have identified which fire doors to inspect first and have made sure they reach the required standard you will be able to have a staged plan to make sure any issues with the remaining fire doors necessary for the fire safety strategy at your building are addressed. The outcome should be that you have focused on the necessary fire doors (not the doors that don't form part of the fire compartmentation strategy) and have made the necessary improvements effectively without wasting resources but whilst addressing the issues so that the service life of the doors may be prolonged.
When you choose a company or an individual to help you with fire safety do make sure that they have the necessary credentials, tell them what you are looking to achieve and ask them how they will go about helping you. UK fire safety law places an obligation on the owner, operator or manager of the building to engage a 'Competent Person' to advise on and/or carry out fire safety related works.
With fire safety don't take chances, get the right people in!
have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Telephone 07970 201231or email email@example.com